Category: Best Area Manager
Name of Area Manager: Tony Brown
Company Name: Express Vending
Applicant Name: Matt Sayers
Company: Express Vending
Tony Brown joined Express vending in October 2013 assuming the role of Field Service Engineer. Tony brought to Express some 10 years’ experience in the vending industry and from day 1 made his intension clear that he wished to progress within the business and aspired to break into management.
In January 2015 an Area Service Manager vacancy arose within the Service Dept., Tony applied and following a series of interviews and the presentation of a business plan Tony was declared the successful candidate.
Since assuming the role of Area Service Manager Tony has dedicated himself to both the development of his engineering team and to delivering exceptional customer service to his client base.
Area Service Manager Position
To manage a team of field-based service engineers. The Area Service Manager will have solid decision-making abilities and the ability to multi-task effectively. In delegation, the Area Service Manager is responsible for checking on the quality, progress, and outcome of the work carried out by the team. The Area Service Manager will be a team player, be professional and positive, use integrity & initiative, be able to communicate / present information effectively and motivate self and team. The Area Service Manager will look for ways to help develop Essential duties and responsibilities.
- To provide a high-quality service to all our customers and actively contribute to the overall improvement of the business.
- Train new and existing team members, asses additional training needs, arrange external training if required
- Allocating jobs and workloads.
- Manage engineers’ holiday entitlement / holiday allocation; ensure that adequate holiday / absence cover is in place.
- Maintain agreed service level targets
- Produce weekly reports for Technical Services Manager
- Organise and chair monthly engineer’s meetings
- Arrange 1 to 1 meetings with engineers to discuss any issues arising and review / appraise performance. .
- Attend monthly meetings with members of Senior Management Team as required and report on matters pertinent to their role within the Management Team, use of Power Point for presentations is essential.
- Attend manufacturer meetings with Senior Management Team.
- Actively support all other Technical Services Team leaders in reaching their targets.
- To form and maintain a close working relationship with colleagues, in own and other departments, and clients with a view to providing the best possible service to our clients
- To attend various Training Courses to assist you to maintain the highest standard of workmanship.
- Willing and able to work on your own initiative.
- Maintain good customer relations by adopting a pleasant manner at all times. Adhere to customer procedures e.g. entry/exit from premises & Health & Safety Policies where appropriate.
From the ladies and gents that come out to service our machines all the way up to the M.D. , this is a company that is easy to and a pleasure to do business with.
The Account Management Team are both highly attentive and innovative. Not satisfied with just providing “same old same old” solutions, but constantly looking for ways (however small or large) to improve the customer experience. Kubota
Tony Brown is great – he is really proactive dealing with the customer and always keeps me up to speed.
Big thumbs up! Sophie Dack, Corporate Account Manager
I have the pleasure of working with Tony Brown for a number of years on some of our biggest accounts. He is a pleasure to work with and to introduce clients too. His attention to detail and passion of providing an excellence service is first class and he and his team role is vital in our clients renewing and recommending us. He is always available to help and he will always find a solution whatever the time of day. Stephanie Jones, Corporate Account Manager
I would like to say a few words about Tony Brown, Tony has been of great help to me since joining Express Vending. Tony Is cool under pressure, is always willing to help, has an in-depth knowledge of the vending industry, is a great mentor. Tony is a person you can rely on in a crisis, a great team player, I would like to thank him for all his support. Jim Ryan, Area Service Manager – London City West
Tony is a true asset to the Express Vending Family. As an experienced member of the engineering team, Tony is always the reliable man who will go above and beyond for clients and colleagues. His expertise is exceptional and in an urgent or crucial situation, Tony will always be calm, conscientious and above all, professional. Tony is not only an outstanding member of this team but is also a credit to himself and our profession. Trevor Bullock, Head of Technical Services
Nomination by Michael English
“I know that as his manager I can rely on Tony totally to do all that he can to assist me, Express Vending and more importantly our customers. I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending Tony for Area Manager of the Year at the 2018 AVA Awards.” Michael English – Technical Services Manager